Employment - Faculty - Information Technology (IT) - Strait Area Campus
Faculty - Information Technology (IT) - Strait Area Campus
Nova Scotia Community College
Faculty - Information Technology (IT)
Strait Area Campus
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
School of Technology and Environment
Term Full-time Position: Commencing approximately August 8, 2022 and ending approximately May 26, 2023
Application deadline is 11:59PM, July 7, 2022. Applications must be submitted through the following link by 11:59pm, July 7, 2022: 2022-184 - Faculty, Information Technology - Strait Area Campus at Nova Scotia Community College | Careerbeacon.com
Competition No. 2022-184
The salary scale for NSCC Faculty is based on twelve steps that range from $63,517.16 - $93,995.64. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to a maximum of five steps for relevant occupational experience. New NSCC Faculty may receive up to an additional four steps for full-time equivalent years of instructional experience (instructional experience is defined as teaching post-secondary). The maximum a new NSCC Faculty can expect to receive is nine steps or $86,072.38.
What you will be doing…
As a member of the School of Technology & Environment faculty team, you will provide in-person theoretical and practical instruction in the IT - Generalist program. You will collaboratively design and deliver educational experiences for a diverse group of learners. This will include preparation, instruction, assessment, and evaluation of students using a broad range of flexible teaching and learning practices and technologies such as Learning Management Systems (e.g. Brightspace) and classroom technology. Related duties include but are not limited to academic and career advisement, participating on committees, program marketing, curriculum revision/development through collaborative practice within faculty working groups, supporting and monitoring work placements, liaising with business and industry, representing the College as required and upholding NSCC policies and procedures. You will also ensure health and safety practices and procedures are followed in your classroom, shops and labs. As a Faculty of NSCC, you will be expected to maintain currency with the latest industry practices relevant to your program and to continually develop your understanding of 21st century teaching and learning practices. This position may involve different delivery modalities (e.g. in-class, online, blended online/in-class), off-site instruction and alternate work hours such as weekends and evenings.
Qualifications and Occupational Experience:
- The minimum educational qualification for this position is a college diploma or university degree related to Information Technology. Ten (10) years of relevant documented experience in the IT field may be considered as an equivalent to the education requirement. Any recognized IT certifications would be considered an asset.
- You have a minimum of five years (full time equivalent) of recent and related occupational experience in information technology, focused on systems management and networking.
- Occupational experience that includes experience in a supervisory capacity; evaluating, monitoring, assessing and advising will be considered an asset.
- You have specific technical occupational knowledge and skill in one or more of the following:
- Dot NET Technologies
- Web Development
- Operation systems, both Microsoft Windows and Linux
- You are familiar with and comfortable using computer applications such as the Microsoft Office Suite and E-Mail. Experience using Learning Management Systems such as Brightspace would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- You possess basic internet skills to search for information coupled with internet information skills to evaluate the information you find. Above all, you are comfortable working in a digital environment; you take responsibility for acquiring knowledge about advancing technology; and you are committed to using technology in support of an exceptional student experience.
- You have demonstrated experience liaising with business and industry in your field.
- Ideally, you have related experience in delivery of educational programs or training to adults.
- You have knowledge and experience in applying WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety and occupation-specific safety practices.
- You are comfortable using multi-media technologies and a variety of platforms that will serve to engage students in online and blended learning capacities. The ability to teach effectively in an online/blended environment which includes building knowledge of best practices for the delivery and management of courses delivered whole or in part online, using a course management system to communicate with students and to foster and support a collaborative online learning community with and between students will be an important factor in your success. Candidates who do not have previous online/blended teaching experience must be open to and willing to participate in training for this delivery model.
Relevant Skills and Knowledge:
- You demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- You possess excellent presentation skills and can facilitate content effectively and engagingly to a variety of audiences
- You are known for your superior interpersonal skills and can manage interpersonal relationships and issues effectively
- Your superb team building skills will enable you to develop a positive classroom dynamic and productive collegial relationships
- Your commitment to excellence, to life-long learning and to community involvement make you an ideal candidate for Faculty at NSCC
How To Apply
Nova Scotia Community College will be accepting applications for this opportunity via their Human Resource Information System (HRIS), or other external site. Please follow the link and the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Applications must be submitted through the following link by 11:59pm, July 7, 2022: 2022-184 - Faculty, Information Technology - Strait Area Campus at Nova Scotia Community College | Careerbeacon.com
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Port Hawkesbury
- The Town of Port Hawkesbury
- Nova Scotia Community College
- NOC Code
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- August 8th 2022
- End Date
- May 26th 2023
- Language Proficiency Level
- Beginner (CLB 1-3)
- Posted on
- June 17th 2022
- July 7th 2022
Employer Profile - Nova Scotia Community College
Nova Scotia Community College
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Nova Scotia Community College
- Organization NAICS
- Community colleges and C.E.G.E.P.s (6112)
- 1240 Grand Lake Road
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1P 6J7