Support for Job-Seekers
Nova Scotia Works delivers employment and career services in Nova Scotia; connecting people to jobs and jobs to people. Nova Scotia Works helps individuals figure out who they are and achieve success by supporting their employment goals.
Your certified career practitioner can help you:
- Develop a realistic return to work action plan (RTWAP).
- Explore job search tools and strategies: resume, cover letter, interview preparation.
- Learn about local labour market and explore potential career options.
- Access funding opportunities to start a business, access training or gain work experience.
- Access short employment-related workshops to enhance the skills needed to conduct a successful job search.
- Access post-employment supports including job development services for those having difficulty marketing themselves to potential employers, as well as, orientation to workplace duties or assistance in accessing workplace accommodations.