Job Details - CNC Programmer
Weekdays Weekends Evenings
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) Programmer
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full -Time (Days, Evenings, Weekends)
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
About Protocase Inc.
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with innovative manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of 140 employees (and counting), Protocase is proud to have a client base of more than 16,000+ customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
We are proudly ISO:9001 certified and AS9100D registered, as well as ITAR compliant and registered with Canadian Controlled Goods.
45 Drives is a division of Protocase that develops, manufactures, services, and sells ultra-large, customizable data storage systems. 45 Drives is highly differentiated from mainstream computer manufactures due to its open designs and relationships with the open-source software community. The company stays true to its community roots in its product development, technical support and business practices.
Learn more about 45Drives: http://www.45drives.com/
About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking reliable and detailed CNC Profile Programmers to join our fast-paced CNC Machining department in Sydney (Cape Breton), Nova Scotia. Our customers – engineers, designers and scientists – depend on Protocase to quickly and accurately CNC machine custom enclosures, panels and parts.
As a programmer for our team of CNC Mill and Lathe Operators, you will be instrumental in giving the CNC Machining team the ability to efficiently machine our customers’ designs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing design blueprints in order to create instructions for machine operators
- Translating instructions into ESPRIT, a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program
- Modifying previously written programs in order to achieve increased efficiencies
- Analyzing and selecting speeds and cutting tools for programs
- Checking completed programs by running simulations
- Compiling with all safety rules and regulations
Above all else, we are looking for candidates who are experienced in CNC Programming and who are keenly committed to following procedures and processes.
About the Benefits
With this position comes the potential to earn an annual salary ranging from $38,000 to $54,000. Additionally, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits after six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Cost-shared Company Pension Plan after six months
- Cost-shared YMCA Fitness Membership after three months
- Regular social events such as lunches and team-building sessions, as well as seasonal parties (when time permits).
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
How to Apply
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (Please be sure to specify “CNC Machining Programmer” in the subject line)
- Drop off your resume at 46 Wabana Court, Sydney, NS, Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:30 and 4:30
- Experience working as a CNC Programmer
- Experience using CAM software (specific experience in ESPRIT would be considered a major asset)
- Diploma or degree in CNC machining would be considered an asset
- Ability to read design blueprints
- Excellent reading comprehension skills
- Passion and knowledge for metal shop work, specifically CNC mills and lathes
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Keen attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Sense of urgency
- Effective interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude
Intended Job Posting Audience
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Protocase Inc
- NOC Code
- Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians (2233)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- Pay Rate
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- June 28th 2021
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Intermediate (CLB 5-7)
- Posted on
- June 10th 2021
- July 2nd 2021
Employer Profile - Protocase Inc
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Protocase Inc
- Organization NAICS
- Architectural and structural metals manufacturing (3323)
- 46 Wabana Court
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1N 1H7