Job Details - Data Storage Specialist
Data Storage Specialist
Weekdays Evenings On-Call
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Full Time (Days, Evenings, Some on Call)
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
If you're looking for an uninteresting "call center" IT position – this job definitely is NOT for you. This position is no ordinary IT role. Working for 45Drives as a Data Storage & Infrastructure Specialist means you will be directly helping some of the world's coolest organizations (Google, Apple, Stanford University, etc.) with their data storage challenges. These organizations are changing the world, and you can help them get there – that's not ordinary.
If you're an IT enthusiast who loves computers, you're going to love it here. We give you the freedom to learn new things and voice your ideas – you're never a number here. We allow you to solve real problems (not turning it off and on again) by troubleshooting and discovering solutions. At the same time, you continue to learn valuable skills, such as working with Linux, ZFS, Ceph, and more.
If that didn't win you over, maybe this will. We have fun! 45Drives is a place where you not only work with a team of super knowledgeable hardworking people, but we leave room for fun. We have frequent team and company outings. For example, we go sailing (racing), play soccer, hockey, yoga, have music jam nights, and other great activities developed by our social committee.
I guess what we're saying is if you want to live in Cape Breton and have an awesome work/life balance – you should apply for this position.
- Join a company that is revolutionizing the data-storage industry by offering massive, open solutions at an affordable price.
- Use your IT experience to effectively provide superior end to end service and technical support to 45 Drives’ customers from a wide array of industries. This includes working with our sales team as a technical resource in order to provide the best solution to new and existing customers.
- Be rewarded with a competitive annual salary and incentive structure, as well as great benefits, including medical, dental, pension plan, and more.
- Live and work in a community that has quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots of land, beautiful scenery and friendly people.
About 45 Drives
45Drives offers a new way to store data. Instead of locking customers in to proprietary software contracts, 45Drives builds its storage systems with open-source software and commodity hardware, offering an unmatched price for a fully supported data storage solution customers can have confidence in. It’s important to us that we stay true to our community roots in our product development, technical support and business practices.
To learn more, visit http://www.45drives.com.
About the Opportunity
At 45 Drives, we provide open source systems with enterprise-grade quality and performance, but with an affordable price tag. Solutions can range from stock designs to highly customized units, and we pride ourselves on offering superior technical services from initial conversation through to the life the solution; to ensure that 100 per cent of our customers achieve their storage goals.
Our customers range from small start-up companies to industry leaders looking for a non-proprietary solution. With that in mind, our customers’ level of technical expertise varies – so we are always prepared to help with their questions and challenges.
You will be responsible for the Design, Commissioning, Maintenance and Servicing of our Systems for some of the largest technical organizations out there, such as Boeing, Intel, and Amazon.
Your duties will include:
- Providing customer service and technical advice to new and existing customers of varying degrees of technical skill, post-sale. This includes commissioning and maintenance of their storage solution.
- Providing feedback to Research and Development team regarding improvement to application design.
Above all else, we are looking for someone who enjoys taking initiative in order to help people and solve complex problems within a busy environment, where no two days are alike!
About the Benefits
Besides a salary + incentive that ranges between $38,000 and $50,000 (for 40 hours per week), you will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits after six months
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Company Pension Plan and cost-shared YMCA membership after six months
Upon joining 45 Drives, you will find a supportive team that encourages professional development. The company often hosts seasonal BBQs, learning lunches and staff events.
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off your resume at our main building – 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS between the hours of 9:00AM and 5:00 PM
- Community college graduate (IT Systems)
- Comfortable speaking and interacting over the phone.
- Experience providing customer service, especially over the phone, and through Remote Desktop
- Experience in Linux Storage Systems and Networking.
- Strong Problem-solving skills and Troubleshooting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- People-driven personality
- Willingness to learn new things
- Ability to think on your feet and take initiative
45 Drives will provide on-the-job training regarding company processes and procedures to the successful candidate.
Intended Job Posting Audience
This employment opportunity is open for qualified and eligible candidates domestically and internationally.
Applications from Foreign Nationals will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Protocase Inc
- NOC Code
- User support technicians (2282)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- Pay Rate
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- June 7th 2021
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Intermediate (CLB 5-7)
- Posted on
- May 21st 2021
- July 7th 2021
Employer Profile - Protocase Inc
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Protocase Inc
- Organization NAICS
- Architectural and structural metals manufacturing (3323)
- 46 Wabana Court
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1N 1H7