Employment - Entry-Level Accounting Opportunities (No experience required!)
Entry-Level Accounting Opportunities (No experience required!)
Canada Revenue Agency
Full-Time Permanent Temporary
As a tax auditor, you will be called to conduct income tax audits or excise tax audits of various entities, including corporations, partnerships and trusts, to ensure compliance with the laws governed by the Canada Revenue Agency.
Potential positions to be staffed via this process include, but are not limited to: Income Tax Auditor, Excise Tax Auditor, GST/HST Auditor and Business Intelligence Quality Assurance Officer. In addition, hiring managers can use this staffing process to staff similar positions at the AU-01 group and level in other divisions and branches of the CRA.
Why work at the CRA?
- Flexible schedules to find the balance that is right for you between your work and your personal life;
- Generous vacation leave as well as other leave provisions (i.e. family-related, sick days, etc.).;
- A healthcare plan which covers many of life's events: medical, prescription drugs, vision care, dental care, out-of-province medical expenses and hospitalizations, etc.);
- Access to an advantageous pension plan;
- A workplace that supports workforce diversity and the development of talents;
- The possibility of hybrid remote work (for some positions); and
- All necessary work equipment is provided by the employer.
There are also other advantages for candidates joining as an auditor:
- An opportunity to work on some of the largest, most complex legal entities in the country, as well as high-complexity audit cases;
- The possibility to participate in CPA pre-approved programs;
- The annual reimbursement of professional membership dues;
- The possibility of discounted corporate fitness memberships;
- The possibility of educational assistance help cover the cost of eligible learning activities (e.g. tuition reimbursement); and
- Career development and growth within various programs in compliance.
Who can apply?
Persons living in Canada and Canadian citizens and permanent residents living abroad.
Must be living or willing to relocate within reasonable commuting distance of a CRA Atlantic Region office: Moncton, Bathurst, Saint John, Halifax, Sydney, St. John's, Summerside, Charlottetown.
What do you need to apply?
To be eligible, you must meet the following essential requirements at the time you submit your application: CRA's minimum education standard for AU:
The eligibility for a designation from a recognized professional accounting association; or
A degree from a recognized postsecondary institution with acceptable specialization in accounting*.
* Acceptable specialization in accounting must include the following mandatory study area and two of four optional study areas:
Mandatory study areas:
Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Advanced Financial Reporting or FA4 or Advanced Financial Accounting or Advanced Accounting
Two of four optional study areas:
- CPA Audit and Assurance or AU1 or Auditing or Internal Auditing or Internal Control
- CPA Introductory Management Accounting or MA1 or Cost Accounting or Management Accounting 1 and 2
- CPA Intermediate Management Accounting or MA2 or Management Accounting or Management Accounting 4 or Advanced Management Accounting
- CPA Information Technology or MS1 or Accounting Information Systems or Information and Computer Systems or Management Information Systems
PLEASE NOTE: If your education credentials do not come from a recognized Canadian postsecondary institution, you will need to provide proof of Canadian equivalency for your degree and the accounting courses on your transcript. Any applicable fees are your responsibility. For more information on obtaining an equivalency for your degree, please copy and paste this link in your web browser: https://www.cicic.ca/
How To Apply
Canada Revenue Agency will be accepting applications for this opportunity via their Human Resource Information System (HRIS), or other external site. Please follow the link and the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
To read the details and apply, please visit the job posting on our careers website.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Canada Revenue Agency
- NOC Code
- Financial auditors and accountants (11100)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- End Date
- Language Requirements
- Candidates will have the opportunity to specify for which language requirements they wish to be considered from the following: English Essential, French Essential or Bilingual Imperative (French and English – various levels).
- Posted on
- April 4th 2023
- June 30th 2023
Employer Profile - Canada Revenue Agency
Canada Revenue Agency
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Organization NAICS
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code