Employment - Activities Coordinator-New Dawn Guest Home (Canada Summer Jobs)
Activities Coordinator-New Dawn Guest Home (Canada Summer Jobs)
Weekdays Weekends Evenings
Working in consultation with the administration of New Dawn Guest Home and Home Living, the Activities Coordinator will develop, plan, and implement summer recreation programs for the residents we serve.
- Plan daily activities for residents for New Dawn Guest Home/Home Living.
- Assist staff with fundraising activities over the summer.
- Providing input to administration on new program ideas for our residents.
- Assist with welcoming new residents and conducting recreation assessments.
- Assist with meeting like Family and Resident Council.
- Encourage residents to participate in planned activities over the summer.
- Assist with booking entertainment and planning events for residents over the summer,
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Certifications
- Clear criminal background and vulnerable sector check.
- A valid Nova Scotia driver’s license.
- Ability to lift to 50lb.
- Effective communication skills.
- Highly flexible, with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse and at times busy working environment.
- Highly effective teamwork skills.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Interacts with volunteers, family of clients, staff, and visitors in a respectful manner.
- Access to own transportation preferred but not required.
- Overtime as required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position. The funding requires that those hired be between 15-30 years of age, and either a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred (international students are ineligible) and be legally entitled to work in Canada
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- New Dawn
- NOC Code
- Program leaders and instructors in recreation, sport and fitness (5254)
- Experience Required
- An Asset
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- July 4th 2022
- End Date
- September 2nd 2022
- Language Proficiency Level
- Advanced (CLB 8-9)
- Posted on
- June 15th 2022
- June 24th 2022
Employer Profile - New Dawn
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- New Dawn
- Organization NAICS
- Civic and social organizations (8134)
- 37 Nepean Street
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code