Employment - Customer Sales Representative
Customer Sales Representative
Weekdays WeekendsWork from home
- Customer Sales Representative (Work from home)
- Location: Nova Scotia residents only (outside the Halifax Regional Municipality)
- Salary: $33,280 + Monthly Performance Bonus
- Department: New Business
- Start Date – July 25th, 2022
***This vacancy is intended for Nova Scotia residents outside the HRM only***
At Admiral there’s no one more important than you.
We have an exciting opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Best Workplaces.
The best part – you’ll be training and working from home, saving time to focus on your priorities outside of work. All you need is a great internet connection and a quiet, private place to work – we’ll provide the laptop!
You’ll be welcomed fully into the Admiral family, with access to our great benefits – including generous paid time off, virtual healthcare access, monthly performance incentives, an ideal daytime work schedule and immediate access to a Blue Cross Health Spending Account.
Who We Are
One of the UK’s most recognizable insurers, Admiral provides car insurance, home insurance, loans, and various other products to over 6 million customers in the United Kingdom.
In 2007, Admiral launched its Canadian office in Halifax with a small group of 20 staff. Today, we employ 500 people throughout Nova Scotia who support our customers in the United Kingdom with home and motor insurance policies.
We’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work every year since 2010 and have also been named one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers annually since 2015.
In 2022, the Great Place to Work® Institute ranked Admiral as the 4th Best Workplace in Canada.
What You’ll Do – New Business Department
Admiral New Business is all about making sure our customer's first experience with us is an excellent one. As the first point of contact for our customers, it’s important that we deliver an efficient, high-quality service to every single person we speak to.
Handling inbound calls, your role will be to guide your customers through the buying process, informing them of both our insurance products and our related ancillary products. This allows the customer the opportunity to shape their policy to meet their personal car insurance requirements.
The insurance sales job is challenging and competitive, which is why the better you perform, the more lucrative the rewards. Our incentive structure benefits motivated individuals who show a flair for both sales and customer service.
Our aim is to give great service and value for money to as many people as possible.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Reliable and committed to achieving individual and team goals.
- “Change champions” who are adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Positive and resilient to handle any challenge that arises.
- Enthusiastic learners who apply feedback to grow in their role and achieve their goals.
- Confident salespeople with the ability to upsell multicar and multiproduct.
- Computer savvy with the ability to work simultaneously with multiple software and IT tools.
No previous experience in insurance or call centres is required. We consider the potential of the candidate, eagerness to work with us, ambition, and enthusiasm, over any previous experience in a similar role. We will teach you the rest!
Things That Make Us Admiral
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people-focused culture. Our philosophy is simple yet effective: “people who like what they do, do it better!”
Our employees are at the heart of our success. We put a lot of effort and investment into making sure that Admiral is a happy place to work, where challenge, opportunity and career path development are encouraged, and fun is never frowned upon.
Our award-winning culture is honest, open, and wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: communication, equality, reward & recognition, and fun.
Other Great Things to Know
- During your first six months with us, you will have a curated benefits package with ample paid time off and a health spending account. After the initial six months, you will have full access to all of Admiral's great benefits.
- In addition to base wage, monthly performance-based incentive is available based on achieving targets. New starters will earn a guaranteed monthly learning bonus during the first five months.
- A company laptop will be provided for working at home. The required equipment will be delivered to you via courier.
- Full-time hours with currently no shifts past 4pm and weekends that are shared on rotation.
- Visit https://joinadmiral.ca to learn more about what makes Admiral a great place to work!
Admiral is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, age, family status or any other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
- A quiet, private place in home to work from.
- Stable internet connection, with download speeds of at least 30mbps, and ping speed of less than 20ms - test can be conducted at speedtest.net.
How To Apply
Admiral Insurance will be accepting applications for this opportunity via their Human Resource Information System (HRIS), or other external site. Please follow the link and the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Admiral Insurance
- NOC Code
- Other customer and information services representatives (6552)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- July 25th 2022
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Fluent (CLB 10-12)
- Posted on
- June 9th 2022
- July 8th 2022
Employer Profile - Admiral Insurance
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Admiral Insurance
- Organization NAICS
- Agencies, brokerages and other insurance related activities (5242)
- 6940 Mumford Road #200
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B3L 0B7