Employment - Physiotherapist
Seaview Manor is a compassionate provider of resident centered continuing care serving primarily Zone 3 of the Nova Scotia Health Authority. We are located on the scenic coast of Glace Bay, just 20 minutes from Sydney. We are committed to providing an optimal quality of life for our residents and provide individuals a full scope of programs and services through a safe, nurturing, and caring environment.
Reporting to the Manager of Therapeutic Services, the Physiotherapist works as an integral part of the inter-professional team. Committed to Resident Centred Care, Collaborative Practice and Evidence Based therapies, the Physiotherapist is responsible for providing, safe, effective, and ethical physiotherapy services that generate positive resident outcomes in compliance with professional standards and Seaview Manor’s policies and procedures. Through the application of professional knowledge, technical skills, and best practices the Physiotherapist delivers competent and quality care aligned with our core values of compassion, accountability, respect, excellence and safety.
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy
- 1-2 years of experience in gerontology, rehabilitation, long term care an asset.
- Current registration and in good standing with the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapy
- Eligibility for membership in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association
- Evidence of good attendance
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of resident’s capabilities and needs on admission, annually, and whenever there is a significant change in status (e.g., mobility equipment, assistance, restorative potential.
- Collaborates with the health care team to identify and document goals, anticipated progress, and plans for re-evaluation and identify treatment plans on the plan of care.
- Develop and maintain communication links with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Designs Physiotherapy treatment programs and monitors the effectiveness in these programs to maintain, improve, or restore, physical functioning, alleviate pain, or lessen the impact of physical dysfunction in residents.
- Collaborates with the PTA/OTA to provide one on one (e.g., personal exercise) and/or group therapeutic physiotherapy treatment for residents.
- Provides PACE and body mechanic education for clinical staff and other team members as required.
- Upholds and promotes the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Seaview Manor’s Code of Conduct.
- Participates as a member of the interprofessional resident care team at resident care conferences, and structured interprofessional rounds.
- Participates on other appropriate interprofessional committees such as Wound Care Committee, Falls Prevention, etc.
- Co-ordinates continuous quality improvement of SVM’s physiotherapy programs
How To Apply
Seaview Manor will be accepting applications for this position via email. Please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume noting the Posting Number, 2022-019-PT-PFT-03 to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Posting will remain open until filled.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Glace Bay
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Seaview Manor
- NOC Code
- Physiotherapists (3142)
- Experience Required
- An Asset
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- March 25th 2022
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Fluent (CLB 10-12)
- Posted on
- March 25th 2022
- May 31st 2022