Job Details - Program Coordinator - Cape Breton Connector Program
Program Coordinator - Cape Breton Connector Program
Cape Breton Partnership
Title: Program Coordinator
Program: Cape Breton Connector Program
Term: Term contract ending March 22, 2022 (possibility of renewal)
Location: Flexible within Cape Breton—Unama’ki
The Cape Breton Partnership is seeking an outgoing individual to fill the position of Program Coordinator for the Cape Breton Connector Program; a simple and effective networking program that connects individuals with industry leaders who can help facilitate the growth of their careers here in Cape Breton.
Position Summary: As the Program Coordinator, you will recruit and select community and business leaders (Connectors) as well as local and international graduates, newcomers and other qualified professionals (Connectees) to participate in the Connector Program. You will assist in the planning and organizing of Connector Program events and promotions; you will host engaging events to facilitate further connections. The Program Coordinator will also develop and maintain professional relationships with our local post-secondary institutions, business and community partners, as well as stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with other Connector Programs across Canada to ensure best practices
- Ensure timely entry of data into the Connector Program software and/or other CRM tool
- Develop an engagement strategy to build and maintain positive relationships with Connectors and Connectees
- Provide oversight and ongoing evaluation of the Connector Program to advance the Program’s goals and objective
- Work closely with Cape Breton Partnership’s Communications team to develop a marketing and communications strategy and/or plan for the Cape Breton Connector Program
- Collaborate with the Communications team to plan, create, and promote engaging social media content
- Manage the Cape Breton Connector Program’s social media platforms and identify opportunities to increase engagement
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with post-secondary institutions, immigration settlement service organizations, community partners, and businesses to maintain a source of referrals for Connectors and Connectees
- Encourage post-secondary institutions and other relevant partners to refer qualified candidates for consideration
- Assess applications of Connectees to ensure they meet the program standards and guidelines
- Recruit Connectors from the business and professional community
- Recruit newcomers, international students and local graduates who are work ready and assess their sustainability for the Program.
- Collaborate with the Communications team to plan and organize Connector Program events (in person and online), including networking, speed-interviewing, workshops, and annual appreciation events for a variety of audiences
- Host all Cape Breton Connector Program events; facilitate further connections amongst attendees
- Coach Connectees in professionalism, communication, and self-promotion techniques to enhance their participation in the Program
- Promote local employment support programs to aid participants in their search for meaningful employment
- Track program participation, Connector relationships, and prepare monthly program evaluation reports and reports for funding partners.
- Provide quarterly written reports to funding partners and support the Director of Finance & Administration in preparing financial reports by maintaining appropriate documentation.
- Other duties as required.
Must-Have Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary level education from a recognized academic institution; minimum of 1-3 years of experience in program coordination and/or project management, or an equivalent combination of education, other credentials, and related experience
- Understanding of the barriers faced by local job seekers
- Ability to demonstrate compassion when providing guidance, feedback, and/or interacting with others
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to exercise sound judgement, tact, and discretion when dealing with others
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Superior professional networking skills and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Attention to detail and strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Political acuity and sensitivity along with exemplary presentation and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction
- Ability to track and analyze data, identify trends, draw conclusions, and provide recommendations on required actions
- Ability to work effectively with community leaders, diverse community groups, and all levels of government
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Valid Driver’s License and current driving abstract
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications:
- Bilingualism (English/French)
- Skilled strategist and communications planner
- Experience working with/in Indigenous communities
- Familiarity with CRM tools such as Insightly
Working Conditions & Details:
- The Cape Breton Partnership is an Island-wide organization with offices throughout Cape Breton-Unama’ki; work location is flexible
- Frequent, year-round travel throughout the Island is necessary in order to build and maintain relationships
- Salary will be offered based on a combination of education and experience
- The successful candidate can start right away
To Apply: Please send your cover letter and resume combined into a single PDF document to email@example.com by 4:00 PM on Monday, July 26, 2021.
Please note that failure to follow the above instructions may automatically result in your application being screened out.
The Cape Breton Partnership thanks all applicants for expressing their interest in this position; however, only individuals who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Intended Job Posting Audience
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Cape Breton Partnership
- NOC Code
- Administrative officers (1221)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined
- Pay Rate
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Advanced (CLB 8-9)
- Posted on
- July 13th 2021
- July 26th 2021
Employer Profile - Cape Breton Partnership
Cape Breton Partnership
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Cape Breton Partnership
- Organization NAICS
- Business, professional, labour and other membership organizations (8139)
- 285 Alexandra Street
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1S 2E8