Job Details - Director of Quality
Director of Quality
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Permanent, Full-Time
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc offers unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries by combining advanced manufacturing techniques with innovative software. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 250 employees, Protocase is proud to have a client
base of over 16,000 customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
• Join a company that has revolutionized custom manufacturing for engineers, designers and
scientists all over the world.
• Join a company that has a positive workplace culture based on each of us contributing to our
common goals while respecting and supporting each other.
• Be rewarded with a competitive compensation package with great benefits, including medical,
dental, pension plan, and more.
• Live and work in Cape Breton, a wonderful community that has quick commutes, affordable homes on generous plots of land, beautiful scenery, and friendly people.
About the Opportunity
Protocase is currently seeking a Director of Quality to join its team in Sydney, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will lead a team that looks after all aspects of quality across our organization.
Our quality management system, which is ISO 9001:2015 registered and AS9100D certified, is the foundation for our quality efforts. Thus a key part of the job is overseeing the operation and maintenance of this system. But maximizing quality requires that we optimize every aspect of how we work, and therefore quality reaches into every aspect of our operations. We are looking for candidates who understand this, and who are capable for formulating and executing pro-active strategy and tactics.
To thrive in this position, you must never lose sight of our goal: that customers get exactly what they expect. To be successful in this role, you must be able to have a big-picture view to spot trends without getting lost in the details. At the same time, you need to be able to dive down to ground level and get your hands dirty when necessary. You need to be able to see problems and opportunities, and direct our resources where they have the biggest impact.
To state the obvious, people are the foundation of our organization, and our quality group is made
up of people. The successful candidate must have excellent people skills and leadership abilities,
and the ability to bring them together such that they achieve the most they can for the effort put in.
As Director of Quality you will use your leadership and analytic skills, combined with your
common sense to carry out core responsibilities which include:
• Provide leadership to the quality department, and interface with the rest of the senior management team
• Ensure every aspect of our operations run smoothly and in compliance with all of the requirements of the AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 standards
• Operation and maintenance of our quality system
• Interpreting the data to develop a clear picture of what is happening in operations
• Guiding the resources of the organization to continuously improve our process capabilities and execution.
• Ensuring high quality execution of proactive measures that impact quality, including station meetings and training, audits, and implementation of new and improved processes.
About the Benefits:
Besides a total compensation package that ranges between $89,000.00 and $108,000.00 you will
also enjoy the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and Group Insurance Benefits atsix months
• Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’
vacation at five years)
• Company Pension Plan at six months
• Cost-shared YMCA membership for you and your family at threemonths
• Regular social events and team lunches (when time permits)
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
How to Apply:
• Email your resume to email@example.com (please make sure to specify “Director of Quality” in your subject line)
• Drop off your resume at our main building – 46 Wabana Court in Sydney, NS, between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (Engineering, Business or a related field)
• Five or more years of experience working with quality systems in an industrial environment
• Solid understanding of AS9100D and/or ISO9001:2015 quality standards
• Critical thinking and complex problem solving
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• A strong sense of urgency while working on multiple projects and deadlines
Intended Job Posting Audience
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Protocase Inc
- NOC Code
- Professional occupations in business management consulting (1122)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- Pay Rate
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- June 14th 2021
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Advanced (CLB 8-9)
- Posted on
- May 21st 2021
- June 11th 2021
Employer Profile - Protocase Inc
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Protocase Inc
- Organization NAICS
- Architectural and structural metals manufacturing (3323)
- 46 Wabana Court
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1N 1H7