Job Details - Job Success Coordinator
Job Success Coordinator
YMCA of Cape Breton
The YMCA of Cape Breton is looking for a dynamic self-starter to join our team as Job Success Coordinator – supporting the EDGE Pilot Program. The pilot is the first of its kind in Nova Scotia and is designed to support youth in achieving financial independence more quickly and reduced reliance on Employment Support and Income Assistance (ESIA).
The YMCA Experience
The YMCA of Cape Breton is a charitable organization dedicated to the growth of all persons in spirit, mind and body, and to their sense of responsibility to themselves, each other and the global community. In joining the YMCA you will become part of a dedicated team of individuals with great passion for supporting each other and the communities in which we serve. You commit to embracing and promoting the YMCA culture of philanthropy, inclusion and allyship both in and outside of the workplace.
The EDGE Pilot Project is an early intervention program that provides targeted employment-focused programming for Employment Support and Income Assistance (ESIA) youth, Child, Youth and Family Supports (CYFS) youth, and youth-at-risk between the ages of 18 and 26, who are assessed as job ready.
The Job Success Coordinator is part of a multidisciplinary team that guides and supports job seekers along their employment continuum helping them market themselves to prospective employers or ensure long-term retention.
The Job Success Coordinator is responsible for creating job opportunities for individuals who have difficulty marketing themselves to employers, also known as market perception barriers. They make a crucial link between the job seeker and the local business community. They need to understand diverse client needs, prepare clients for employment, make effective client-employer matches, and maintain effective relationships with employers. Meanwhile, the Job Success Coordinator provides an orientation to a workplace and position duties and responsibilities to multi-barriered clients who have difficulty maintaining employment for any length of time. They also act as liaison between the employer and client, if required, providing assistance and support to the client post-employment to ensure that successful attachment continues. They liaise with employers to identify client supports, as needed.
In support of the EDGE Pilot Program, team and clients, this role will:
- Assist job seekers who have difficulty marketing themselves to employers, connect with employers;
- Research and identify companies, industries and growth sectors that are hiring in order to access job postings and uncover hidden job market opportunities;
- Effectively pre-screen and match job seekers to appropriate employers;
- Provide an orientation to workplace and work-related duties and responsibilities to multi-barriered clients;
- Provide support to the client during the transition to employment;
- Act as liaison between the employer and client, if required;
- Provide assistance and support to multi-barriered clients post-employment to ensure that successful attachment continues to allow the client to sustain long term employment;
- Liaise with employers to identify client supports;
- Maintain accurate client files while adhering to stringent internal and professional privacy protocols;
- Network with various government agencies, training institutions and service providers;
- Remain abreast of funding programs, community organizations, service providers and referral agencies;
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings;
- Deliver information sessions and conduct employment related workshops, as required;
- Liaise with other agencies on behalf of Nova Scotia Works, participating in committees, projects or activities, when appropriate;
- Participate in program and service development that is responsive to the evolving needs of clients – ensuring maximum effectiveness and efficiency, and;
- Must be willing to cross train and assume other duties, as required.
- Participation in Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Individual & Family YMCA Membership
- Strong Work Life Balance Programs (i.e. Paid Personal and Vacation Days)
- Discounted Childcare and Camp Rates
- Degree or post-secondary education in Human Services field or related field of study or a combination of education and work related experience;
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - experience working with cloud computing considered an asset;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and tasks;
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgement in the handling of confidential information;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in the resolution of issues, process improvement and evaluation;
- High level of initiative is needed to work independently and respond to unanticipated items;
- Committed to professional development and career self-management;
- Strong communication and presentation skills – experience facilitating considered an asset, and;
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate variations outside of regular business hours, as needed.
Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check and Child Abuse Registry Check. They will also be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training, as well as, successfully complete First Aid and CPR training. Travel within CBRM will be required.
Please email your cover letter and resume, in one document, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm ADT on Friday, April 9th, 2021. Please reference YMCA-EDGE-JSC-April 2021 in the subject line and note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Intended Job Posting Audience
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- YMCA of Cape Breton
- NOC Code
- Employment counsellors (4156)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- Pay Rate
- To be Determined
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Advanced (CLB 8-9)
- Posted on
- April 1st 2021
- May 9th 2021
Employer Profile - YMCA of Cape Breton
YMCA of Cape Breton
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- YMCA of Cape Breton
- Organization NAICS
- 399 Charlotte Street
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1P 1E3