Employment - Social Worker
Anchored Recruiting Ltd.
Weekdays Weekends Evenings
Employer: Breton Ability Centre
Title: Social Worker
Position: Full Time Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Job Location: Sydney, NS
Compensation Package: MSW RSW: $72,055 - $98,038/BSW RSW $65,599 - $85,735, 3 weeks vacation entitlement, plus one week of earned days off, comprehensive and cost-effective benefit program, pension plan, employee assistance program, external discounted services, perfect attendance perks, extensive professional development and more!
Anchored Recruiting is delighted to partner with the Breton Ability Centre to find a Social Worker to join their growing team.
Breton Ability Centre is a purpose driven organization, supporting people with varying abilities. Located in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on the world-renowned Cape Breton Island, Breton Ability Centre is committed to transformative change in the delivery of quality support aligning with the UN Charter of Rights for Persons with Disabilities, and our vision is to create capacity for Inclusion, Independence, Support, and Acceptance of all persons with varying abilities. We offer living and learning support, and community-based support using the social model of support, with an emphasis on the social determinants of health. Our service streams include residential support (including Community Living Options and Independent Living Support), Positive Behavior Support, Youth Day program, Learning and Employment services, and Outreach in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality. Our staff is the backbone of our organization. We believe and invest in people’s development and a culture of wellness and safety.
The role of Social Worker is a member of the leadership team for Breton Ability Center. This individual thrives in a dynamic, changing and sometimes ambiguous environment by keeping informed and connected within your role. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to be a part of change, has experience with advocacy and case management, and shifts in supporting individuals and empowering good lives for people with varying abilities!
We are looking for a Social Worker who is passionate about social and societal change, of service to people with varying abilities. Team player who takes personal accountability to deliver on what is expected in their role and who's of service to people with varying abilities.
- The position is part of the multi-disciplinary Resident Supports and Services division and reports to the Assistant Director of Resident Supports and Clinical Services.
- The Social Worker oversees all activities associated with the social support aspect of Breton Ability Centre, including the coordination of intakes, assessments, and discharge planning for the residents.
- Providing direct counsel and support to residents and their families.
- Working with other members of the team, advocating on behalf of residents as well as being liaison with other community agencies and the Department of Community Services to ensure quality service and support to individuals served by Breton Ability Centre.
- This role is pivotal to the growth and development of the organization as well as helping the residents to reach their full potential.
- Master of Social Work with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience preferred, Bachelor of Social Work with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience may be considered;
- A clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Search is required;
- Must be registered or eligible to be registered with the Nova Scotia College of Social Workers;
- Experience working with persons with disabilities (intellectual, mental health, physical) and with complex needs;
- Experience with Personal Development Planning and processes;
- Experience with facilitating referrals based on residents' needs and choices for resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, medical treatment etc.
- Excellent organization and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A high level of professionalism and using sound judgement in stressful situations
- Firm values and ethics
- Client focused advocacy at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; use of respectful language
- In good standing with your license to practice within the NSCSW
The Breton Ability Centre invites applications from all qualified candidates and hires on the basis of merit. We are committed to the principles of equitable employment for all and strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and 2SLGBTQIA+ community members. If you are a member of one or more of these groups, please state to which group(s) you identify in your cover letter, resume or application.
If interested in this opportunity, please click the ‘Apply to this Job' button. Please note this position will remain open until filled. Applicants will be reviewed in two-week windows.
All information collected will be shared with our client, Breton Ability Centre. By submitting this application, Anchored Recruiting will be adding you to our Talent pool database. You may be contacted in the future regarding future job opportunities. Please note that this position is open to Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents only.
How To Apply
Anchored Recruiting Ltd. will be accepting applications for this opportunity via their Human Resource Information System (HRIS), or other external site. Please follow the link and the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Anchored Recruiting Ltd.
- NOC Code
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- End Date
- Posted on
- May 16th 2023
- June 15th 2023
Employer Profile - Anchored Recruiting Ltd.
Anchored Recruiting Ltd.
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Anchored Recruiting Ltd.
- Organization NAICS
- 180 Townsend Street
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1P 5E5