Employment - Web Developer
NovaStream Inc. is a results driven digital agency with an expertise in media production and web technologies. We are a digital agency that provides a well-designed and tailored approach to the web, video and marketing needs of various businesses and sectors across Atlantic Canada.
NovaStream specializes in a range of digital media solutions. We offer a diverse range of products and services, including commercial and feature film production, tourism management data applications, live event streaming and visuals, copywriting, content generation, and web development. We believe it is the diversity of our products and services that allows us the flexibility to offer a full suite of solutions to our clients. It is the individual expertise in our team that leads us to excel in each of these fields.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking a talented WordPress developer to help our team build and/or maintain WordPress based websites. The job position is for a locally residing candidate and will be stationed at NovaStream’s office located in the downtown Sydney area.
As a WordPress developer, you will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development, including creating WordPress themes from scratch.
Duties & Responsibilites
- Convert mockups, designs and graphics from Photoshop provided by the design team into a working responsive WordPress theme
- Write "clean", secure, efficient and well commented/designed code
- Produce detailed pseudo-code, mockups, basic documentation and specifications
- Contribute and help other team members in all phases of each project's development lifecycle
- Follow best practices and standards set by the industry
- Strong understanding of web technologies, libraries and complementary tools, including:
- CSS3 (with SASS)
- Bootstrap 5
- Git version-control
- PHP 8.0+
- Basic knowledge of Linux, Apache/NGINX, DNS and related tech is a bonus
- Basic understanding of SQL would be considered an asset
- Passion for effective design and efficient coding practices and a desire to push boundaries
How To Apply
NovaStream will be accepting applications for this position via email. Please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
Deadline for applications is 11:59pm on June 4, 2023.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Apply here
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Nova Scotia
- NOC Code
- Web developers and programmers (21234)
- Experience Required
- An Asset
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- End Date
- Posted on
- May 12th 2023
- June 29th 2023
Employer Profile - NovaStream
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Organization NAICS
- 170 George Street Suite 320
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1P 1J2