Employment - Financial Services Officer - North Sydney
Financial Services Officer - North Sydney
Sydney Credit Union
Full-Time Permanent Union
Reporting to the Acting Manager, the Financial Service Officer will be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining a strong relationship with members by adopting a holistic approach towards managing their overall financial well-being.
- Taking ownership of the member experience, ensuring they have a clear understanding of the features and benefits of the products and services recommended to them.
- Preparing credit information necessary to establish credit limits including such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience and personal references, debt/income ratio, credit score and other underwriting procedures, in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Verifying applicant’s credit worthiness by obtaining credit bureaus, contacting employers, existing and former creditors, and personal references, and approving or declining credit within approved lending limits, or referring to the next higher approving position level with recommendations.
- Compiling lending package and establishing loan and/or mortgage structure with applicant, including rates, terms, repayment options, and other credit terms, while educating the member on debt management best practices.
- Ensuring loan and/or mortgage agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements, and security in place prior to the disbursement of the funds.
- Proactively reaching out to the members, discussing their evolving financial goals, providing individual financial counseling and cross selling on the benefits of utilizing other credit union products and services, making referrals to partner providers as required.
- Ensuring members’ accounts are up to date. In the event of arrears, the FSO will be the first point of contact to set up payment arrangements to maintain a low level of delinquencies and prevent write-offs. Additionally, you will grant a temporary overdraft where required, while adhering to the appropriate limits and policy currently in place.
- Approving loan payment extensions and substitution of loan securities.
- Instrumental in taking a lead in the digital marketing of North Sydney Credit Union, updating and creating content for the website, social media and traditional media
- Participating in credit union promotions, special member and community events.
- Assisting and backing-up other team members and completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a one or two-year business administration course plus have three to five years related experience and/or training in a financial services institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The incumbent will also demonstrate the following:
- Ability to utilize strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage member expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain long-term relationships.
- Passion for learning and expanding knowledge towards personal development.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize their agenda coupled with a high attention to detail.
- Motivation to actively participate in and contribute to the measurable success of in-branch campaigns.
- Knowledge of lending and wealth management.
- Knowledge of financial accounting and financial principles and policies within a regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, with or without a calculator.
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a keen understanding and commitment to nurturing member relations would be essential attributes of the successful candidate.
- A confident and competitive person who is a positive influence on your co-workers.
- A self-starter who can see opportunities and find solutions with the proven ability to meet and exceed business/sales objectives.
How To Apply
Sydney Credit Union will be accepting applications for this position via the Cape Breton Job Board. Applicants will need to first create a complete account before applying directly through this page.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- North Sydney
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Sydney Credit Union
- NOC Code
- Financial sales representatives (6235)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- To be Determined (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- October 17th 2022
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Fluent (CLB 10-12)
- Posted on
- September 20th 2022
- November 9th 2022
Employer Profile - Sydney Credit Union
Sydney Credit Union
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Sydney Credit Union
- Organization NAICS
- Finance and Insurance (52)
- 95 Townsend Street
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1S 6K3