Employment - Production Lead
Location: Sydney, NS
Term: Full time
Anticipated Start Date: As Soon As Possible
About the Organization
Established in 2001, Protocase Inc is a rapidly expanding company that focuses on combining advances in software with advanced manufacturing techniques to offer unique custom manufacturing to the engineering, design, and research industries. Using the expertise and dedication of more than 275 employees (and growing) Protocase is proud to have a client base of over 16,000+ customers throughout North America and around the globe. Customers include Boeing, L3, Raytheon, Google, Apple, Microsoft, NASA, MIT and many more.
To learn more about the company, visit http://www.protocase.com.
Full disclosure, we work a little differently here at Protocase Inc./45Drives. This isn’t a job where you punch in and punch out. we come to work every day because we wish to earn a living in a meaningful way. We believe too many people exist without finding joy and meaning in their everyday jobs. At Protocase Inc./45Drives, we create workplaces where our people want to come to work in the morning and feel good when they go home at the end of the day. It only exists and thrives because each of us contributes in our own way. Does this sound like something you want to be a part of?
Our Core Values
- Our Customers are #1
- Help Others Succeed
- Build and Maintain Functional Relationships with Everyone
- Openness, Honesty and Transparency
- Common Sense
About the Opportunity
Production Leads are responsible for monitoring all Production related activity on their assigned shift, within their assigned scope - their primary goal is looking after their people (Production Operators). Protocase’s production facility features a number of stations, each requiring different tasks and skill sets. Our production stations include:
- CNC Machining
- Bending/Brake Press
- Fasteners and Hardware
- Chem-film Conversion
- Paint Prep & Powder coat Painting
- Digital Printing
- Assembly & Packaging
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing your team members with a sense of leadership and support, in order to maximize their success
- Ensuring adherence to safety standards
- Preparing production reports on a regular basis
- Communicate issues effectively
- Team building/fostering relationships
- Complete Checklists
- Administrative work
- Clearing roadblocks for operators
- On occasion, operating machinery
- Must be able to lift up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
In exchange for your hard work and attention to following procedures diligently, you will have the potential to earn a complete annual compensation package starting between $42,000.00 to $55,000.00, dependent upon experience.
You will also enjoy the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Group Insurance Benefits and Pension Plan (RRSP and DPSP) after six months for full time employees
- Cost-shared YMCA membership at 3 months full time employment
- Two weeks’ vacation (three weeks’ vacation at three years of employment; four weeks’ vacation at five years)
- Regular social events including learning lunches, jam sessions, golf tournaments and seasonal parties
Although our business is growing, our team remains supportive, inclusive and tight-knit. Continuous improvement has always underpinned our success and we actively foster an environment of open communication, creative collaboration and the sharing of ideas.
Please take a look at the video link to further inform yourself about this position, our culture, and whether you feel you will thrive here at Protocase!
- Proactive in solving issues to serve customers, company, and employees.
- Develop and drive our ethical guidelines regarding trust, respect, openness and honesty.
- Coach and personally support employees in order to maximize Productivity, Quality and Organizational Health.
- Lead by a high standard of personal conduct.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with peers.
- Demonstrate selflessness, strong work ethic, drive and reliability.
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role an asset.
How To Apply
Protocase Inc will be accepting applications for this position via the Cape Breton Job Board. Applicants will need to first create a complete account before applying directly through this page.
This employment opportunity is open for: Canadian, Permanent Residents, and Temporary Residents who are able to work for any employer in Canada (Study Permit and Open work permit holders).
Only applicants who are authorized to work in Canada will be considered.
- Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Nova Scotia
- Protocase Inc
- NOC Code
- Supervisors, other mechanical and metal products manufacturing (9226)
- Experience Required
- Available Openings
- Pay Type
- 42000.00 (Negotiable)
- Estimated Weekly Hours
- Start Date
- August 29th 2022
- End Date
- Language Proficiency Level
- Intermediate (CLB 5-7)
- Posted on
- August 24th 2022
- September 23rd 2022
Employer Profile - Protocase Inc
- Organization ID
- Organization Name
- Protocase Inc
- Organization NAICS
- Architectural and structural metals manufacturing (3323)
- 46 Wabana Court
- Nova Scotia
- Postal Code
- B1N 1H7